Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Cheonan, South Korea
Reporting to the Field Service Manager, you will be responsible for providing routine maintenance and on-site or remote technical support.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Identifying opportunities to develop new service applications, equipment and methods
- A major in Electrical, Mechanical, Automation related engineering discipline or any equivalences
- A certified Industry Electric Engineer, Electric Engineer, or Electric work Engineer are preferred
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of insert specific product and industry/sector
- Must have the ability to deal with people, and a positive flexible attitude
- Must have strong sense of responsibility
- Fluency in English communication
- Must be willing to travel abroad more than 50% of his / her time
- Flexible work practices
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Engineering and Information Technology
Appliances, Electrical, and Electronics Manufacturing