Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix launched in Asia at the beginning of 2016, and our business has enjoyed tremendous growth in the four years since. At the same time, the size and complexity of the markets in APAC mean there’s so much more to do and to impact. We are in growth mode: a small team with a huge set of challenges to tackle, which also enjoys the backing and resources of a Fortune 500 company.
As Netflix continues to grow in Korea, it is an exciting time to join the team. As the Recruiter for Korea, you will have an outsized influence on Netflix’s success in the region, as a function of the caliber of talent you are able to hire.
At Netflix, Talent Acquisition is a massive priority, and we operate in a progressive hiring environment in which hiring the best -- versus “making the hire” -- guides everything we do. Recruiters who thrive here are adept at coaching and partnering with their hiring teams: defining what the best looks like for a given role, and executing the recruitment strategy to bring the hires across to the finish line.
- In collaboration with recruiting researchers, you will design strategies to recruit stellar, niched candidates in small talent pools by creating a hiring plan, doing competitive research, networking, and sourcing.
- Ensure candidates understand and appreciate our unique culture of freedom and responsibility.
- Being a thoughtful recruiting partner to the business. Use talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers as to how to identify and acquire the best talent.
- Engage key business partners in order to understand the needs of a given hiring team
- Ensure candidates understand the opportunity they’re exploring, as well as our culture.
- As part of a tightly integrated, global Talent team, partner with peers in Talent Acquisition around the world to contribute to Netflix’s global recruiting effort
- 10-15 years of experience in recruiting from within a global, high-growth company
- Able to be hands-on in sourcing, screening, and closing candidates, while coaching and influencing the highest levels of the businesses you support.
- Highly self-directed, a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to Netflix’s reputation and success.
- Smart and Insatiably curious, you enjoy asking what makes different businesses tick, and are driven to understand how different parts of the business fit in with one another, and impact each other.
- Candid and bold: able to thoughtfully push back when needed, and confident in what you know, without ever veering into “brilliant jerk” territory.
- Willing and able to adapt to an ever-evolving set of team and business needs.
- Excited about technology; consuming TV, movies, and entertainment is fun, not a chore.
- Excited to be able to impact Netflix’s hiring brand in Korea, and appreciate the importance of that brand to hiring.
- Having both in-house as well as agency-side experience is a plus
- Fluent Korean speaker, proficiency in English
Entertainment, Internet, and Motion Pictures and Film