Those who need to be registered
- A foreign national who intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days
- A person who has given up his/her Korean nationality and acquired another country’s nationality; a foreign national born in Korea who intends to stay in Korea for more than 90 days from the day the status of sojourn is given.
- The following foreign nationals are exempt from the obligation of foreign national registration:
- A holder of a diplomatic or official passport or a person carrying out a treaty and his family (A-1, A-2, A-3)
- A person engaging in important diplomatic, industrial or defense business and his family; a person concerning whom the Justice Minister recognizes the need for exemption from the obligation of foreign national registration
- A Canadian national who intends to stay for less than 6 months and carry out one of the following activities → artist (D-1), religion (D-6), visiting or joining family (F-1), accompanying spouse (F-3), miscellaneous (G-1)
- A registered foreign national under 17 years of age (He/she should be registered as A foreign national within 90 days of turning 17.
- Foreigners who intend to stay in Korea for more than 90 days.
→ Registration must be done within 90 days of entry.
- Foreigners granted the status to stay or to change their status.
→ Registration should be done immediately after receiving permission.
- Application Form
- Color Photograph (3.5X4.5)
- Documents required per the status of sojourn
- Fee : 20,000 Won (as of September 2013)
- Power of attorney, a copy of the entrustor’s ID, and the entrustee’s employment certificate (if applicable)
Report on changes
In the case of a change relating to the following, a registered foreign national should submit a report of change in any details registered at the Immigration Control Office within 14 days.
- Personal name, gender, DOB or nationality
- Number, date of issuance, validity of passport
- Artist (D-1), student (D-2), general trainee (D-4) whose institution or organization has been changed (including a change in the name)
- Journalism (D-5), religion (D-6), business supervisor (D-7), corporate investor (D-8), international trade (D-9) whose institution or organization has been changed (including a change in the name)