KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The LS-SWIFT development team is looking for a self-motivated, creative, and results-oriented engineer to ensure smooth adoption of wafer inspection products at key customer sites. The successful candidate's primary mission will be to maximize effectiveness of the product in the fab.
While maintaining close ties to the KLA development team in California, this engineer will ensure that both KLA's customer and our local business account team understand and support the efforts of the development and support teams to resolve issues. Ensuring peak performance of KLA's systems on customer layers requires consistent communication with the customer and with multiple groups at KLA. Thus, this role combines strong oral and written communication skills combined with a deep practical understanding of the KLA product and how it is used.
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate leadership and enable product success by anticipating potential issues and proposing solutions before a problem manifests. This includes performing analysis of trends during product evaluation, understanding customer needs, and providing direction to the development team for further improvement. You must possess a strong sense of purpose and be driven to continually improve self, others, and the way we do business. We are looking for natural problem solvers who exhibit intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow, collaborate well, and demonstrate leadership skills.
Additional Details Regarding Key Responsibilities
- Meet the customer regularly. Clearly present plans and gain customer support of these plans. Respond to requests and anticipate future need.
- Collaborate with the local business account team: Review tactics. Identify strategy gaps. Build confidence within the team.
- Working alongside development and service teams, develop plans to resolve sophisticated system and subsystem issues, collaborate with various subsystem teams to find solutions, and drive their successful implementation.
- Communicate status and changes on a regular basis to management via weekly reports and in-person or video presentation.
- Attend periodic training at KLA headquarters to stay technically current on the latest product development.
- Combine understanding of customer needs, program objectives and technical expertise to prioritize daily efforts at customer site. Raise visibility to management when appropriate.
- Demand adherence to the planned strategy and call for periodic reviews to determine if the plan needs to change.
- Be an agent of change – the Semiconductor industry is constantly evolving and the demand for new product introductions to address customer problems is ever-increasing. The successful candidate is expected to adopt and drive new ideas and new ways of doing things in this fast-paced, dynamic industry.
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Engineering and Information Technology
IT Services and IT Consulting, Appliances, Electrical, and Electronics Manufacturing, and Computer Software