PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process orders received via e-mail, on-line order entry and phone on a daily basis and provide confirmations as requested.
- Route shipments, considering commodity and volume, temperature control, and transit time requirements ensuring timely delivery.
- Communicate with multiple external and internal customers.
- Adhere to all procedures, work instructions, and regulatory requirements in performing the job.
- Communicate with various internal departments on a regular basis for customer/ related issues, including emergency shipments, customer account status, invoices, etc.
- Maintain accurate information regarding shipment status.
- Responsible for providing customers and clients with accurate answers to service related questions and complaints regarding shipments and services in a courteous manner and escalates issues to the appropriate person as required.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to the Supervisor/Manager in an effort to continually improve customer service operations.
- Other tasks as assigned - The Customer Service Representative will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a warehouse customer service role
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong work ethic, sense of responsibility, high level of attention to detail
- Proactive customer focus
- Ability to work in a team and independently as well as with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, efficient, organized
- Capable of consistently producing high quality work under pressure and in a timely fashion
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency in order entry systems
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Mandatory ability to communicate clearly in English
If you love helping others and wanted to be a part of the global organisation, we would love to hear from you.
Supply Chain and Customer Service
Transportation, Logistics and Storage